New York

Father attacks suspect accused of murdering his toddler during appearance in Ohio courtroom

Chaos erupted inside an Ohio courtroom this week after a father charged at the man accused of killing his 3-year-old toddler and the child’s mother, and then started to beat him.

Desean Brown is facing charges in the deaths of his 29-year-old girlfriend, Nyteisha Lattimore, and her son, Nylo, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Authorities said he planned to kill Lattimore for months before he fatally stabbed her in a Walnut Hills apartment around Dec. 5, 2020. He waited for several days before he placed her inside a body bag he ordered off eBay and then dragged it from the apartment and into an Uber destined for the Ohio River.

Brown allegedly managed to convince the driver he was hauling nothing other than old clothes.

According to investigators, Brown tossed Lattimore into the river the night of Dec. 11, just hours before her body was discovered near the Purple People Bridge. While little Nylo’s body was never recovered, authorities believe he too was tossed in the river — and likely still alive at the time.

Breaking News

As it happens

Get updates on the coronavirus pandemic and other news as it happens with our free breaking news email alerts.

A stroller and “Paw Patrol” blanket smeared with the toddler’s blood was recovered from the scene.

On Thursday, Brown appeared in court for a motion to suppress his taped confession in connections with the killings. The proceedings had only just kicked off when Tonio Hughes, Nylo’s biological father, leapt from his seat in the back of the Hamilton County courtroom and made his way toward the alleged killer. His first punch landed on the side of Brown’s head, and he only kept throwing punches from there.

The grieving father was eventually tackled by deputies and restrained.

In surveillance video obtained by WCPO 9, Hughes can be seen struggling against the officers and tries again to attack Brown despite being cuffed.

Both men were ultimately escorted from the courtroom.

Following the incident, Judge Megan Shanahan found Hughes in contempt of court and sentenced him to seven days at the Hamilton County Justice Center.

Brown is facing the death penalty in connection with the double killing and is due back in court in August.

Share this news on your Fb,Twitter and Whatsapp

File source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button